Key industry professionals are looking to Ducker Worldwide for insight regarding Green Washing. Green Washing is a term that is being used to describe the act of misleading consumers regarding the environmental practices of a company or the environmental benefits of a product or service. The term Green Sheen has similarly been used to describe organizations which attempt to appear that they are adopting practices beneficial to the environment.
Industry professionals are partnering with Ducker Worldwide to gain an insight on how their competitors green product and/or company practice claims are affecting their market share as well future trends in the industry. Many of these professionals are also requiring Ducker's industry expertise and experience to provide insight on how they can improve their own products and manufacturing processes to build their own green branding while using true green and environment friendly claims.
Examples and critical issues surrounding the Green Washing claims encompass falsities such as:
- Being energy efficient during the production of products, low embodied energy
- Producing certified organic products and the process used to do so
- Use of natural versus synthetic materials in production of building products
- The production and use of CFC-free products
- Being internationally certified and how different government standards and requirements match up to others
- How products are claimed to be environmentally friendly throughout the product’s life-cycle
- The use of different types of transportation during the distribution process and taking into account all aspects of the production and distribution of products
- Disposing of scraps and waste materials
- Use of recycled materials in production
Issues that have arisen due to companies claiming they are green and/or products are green include:
- Misleading and deceitful practices
- Consumer and regulatory complacency
- False environmental sustainability with social consequences impacting the future
- Compliance with LEED, Green Globes and other regulatory groups
Ducker Worldwide is providing key industry professionals with an understanding of how they can improve their company and/or their products to work towards becoming green and a standards setting organization. Ducker Worldwide can assist with certification and auditing of environmental claims.
Industries in which Ducker provides strategic analysis and expertise include:
- Building materials
- Automotive and transportation
- Industrial and manufacturing
Our experts will work with you to develop the right program to address your organization's needs.
For more information on our strategic services and industry expertise, contact one of our team members at 1 877-538-2537 or email us at email@example.com.
You may also have interest in:
- Green Sustainability Strategic Analysis
- Solar and wind technology industry expertise
- Market Intelligence within the Emissions and air pollution control industry
- Market Entry and Growth Opportunities within the alternative fuels industry